Technical Initiatives and Sessions
As an administrative committee, EdCom is able to sponsor technical sessions at the biannual meetings of ASA. Recent technical sessions have covered such topics as distance education in acoustics and tools for teaching acoustics in undergraduate and graduate level courses. The EdCom also co-sponsors sessions with other technical committees of the ASA such as the recent Communicating the Science of Underwater Sound (co-sponsor: Animal Bioacoustics) and Demonstration of Physical Acoustics (co-sponsor: Physical Acoustics) sessions.
Previous Cosponsored Sessions
- 2aPPa: Acoustics Outreach to Budding Scientists: Planting Seeds for Future clinical Physiological Collaborations
- 2pAA: Higher Education Schools of Music
- 3pBAa: Biomedical Acoustics Best Student Paper Competition (poster session)
- 3pPPa: Diversity in Auditory Perception and Speech Communication
- 4aNS: Increasing Noise Awareness in Society